Lissa Marie

Owner + Wedding Coordinator

Hi, I'm Lissa, a DMV transplant with a passion for planning!

 

Have you seen the Katherine Heigl movie "27 Dresses"? While I don't have quite that many dresses in my closet, I have played right hand gal to many of my best friends on their special days over the years, which is where I found my love of planning and became certified! From assisting with their weddings to planning the best day ever for my lovely clients, let me help you create a fabulous party that your friends and family will gush over for years to come!

I enjoy sappy Hallmark movies, strong coffee, and I believe that tacos are the worlds most perfect food. When I'm not designing events and checking in with my clients, you can find me at one of my favorite Virginia  vineyards, exploring a new local food spot, or spending time with my husband and our two rescue dogs, Athena & Leo.

Photo from my own best day ever: Kristi McAleese Photography

Q & A

We know that hiring a planner is a big deal and you have a lot of questions to see whether we’re the right fit! 

In an effort to help demystify hiring a wedding planner/coordinator, here is a Q & A of the most common questions that we get from our potential clients.

What services do you offer? 

We offer day-of coordinating (month-of), partial planning, and à la carte planning. If you're super-organized and have time to follow up with pros yourself, then you may only need us for a coordination role, but if you’re too busy to keep up with the logistics months before the wedding, it may be best to go with the partial planning option. Another option is à la carte planning, where you want a day-of coordination package, but a few extras thrown in, like additional meetings, customized check lists, etc.

How many meetings will we have, and how will we be involved?

This really depends on what level of service and communication you are interested in. Most of our brides go with a virtual check-in two months prior to the wedding and a walk through the month of the wedding, but we offer additional check ins as part of à la carte packages. We understand that weddings are stressful and are available via text or email for questions or to problem solve!

Do you handle professional services, contracts and payment processing?

While we don’t pay vendors directly or independently handle contracts, we are happy to add contract reviews as an à la carte service or as part of your partial planning services. We can also be in charge of handing out tips at the end of the night so you don’t have to worry!

Can you walk us through the process of selecting other vendors? 

Yes! Vendor scouting is part of our partial planning services or an à la carte service. I can help research local vendors and present you with options so it is easy to choose your favorite! Once you have booked with us, I will also send you a copy of our bridal guide, which provides insight on everything from a sample timeline, to a list of questions to ask vendors before booking.

How many people on your staff will be at the wedding?

This really depends on what level of service and communication you are interested in. Most of our brides go with a virtual check-in two months prior to the wedding and a walk through the month of the wedding, but we offer additional check ins as part of à la carte packages. We understand that weddings are stressful and are available via text or email for questions or to problem solve!

Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process what to do and when to do it? 

Yes! We work with the photographer, DJ, and caterer to ensure that we create the perfect timeline for your event. Some venues prefer to make their own timeline, which we will consult on to make sure we have ample time for all of the gorgeous wedding shots and special moments!

What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of our wedding?

In the case of an emergency, we will provide a substitute planner from our network of amazing planners so that your day still runs smoothly! 

Do you have references? (testimonials from both professionals and recent couples.)

Yes! We are happy to provide any references or information that you request. You can also look on Facebook, Yelp, and Google.

How do payments work? Will there be additional expenses on top of your base fee (travel, parking, food)?

There is a 25% payment due to secure your wedding date and the remaining 75% is due 30-days prior to your wedding. Unless otherwise stated in the contract, I do not have any additional expenses that you are responsible for.

Are you a certified wedding planner? Do you carry personal liability and professional insurance?

Yes, I am a certified wedding planner and I have personal and professional insurance through Erie Insurance. If your venue requires their name on the insurance certificate, that is available upon request.